Software QA Tester
Who are you?
You are a motivated and diligent Software QA who is passionate about delivering the highest quality products to our clients. You have commercial experience in software testing. Working within the development team you will play a key role in the delivery of production-ready client solutions. A keen interest in software testing and the latest technologies is highly desirable.
Who are we?
We are Allsop. We've been developing business technology solutions for 20 years. We deliver cloud-based web and mobile solutions to clients across the world using the latest technologies and empower our clients to push through technology barriers. We have a team of passionate technologists behind the solutions who all play a vital role in the development of these production-ready client solutions. We're currently in a critical growth stage as we become an increasing presence in Belfast. We're looking for proactive people who love developing software as much as we do.
What will you do?
You’ll be working alongside other developers and our support team, testing software to deliver to the highest standards to our clients. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise is important.
- Functional/non- Functional Testing
- Automation Testing
- Ensure quality of code and applications across multiple QA cycles throughout their lifecycle
- Define, Build, Automate and Execute Tests
- Define best practice for the agile development of applications
- Create and Maintain detailed test plans
- Liaise directly with the business & development teams
- Signing Off releases for deployment to the live production platform
- Working with the Client Support team in triaging customer identified support issues
What will you have?
- Working knowledge of modern web, cloud and mobile business systems and architectures
- Customer service experience with clear communication for customers and developers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to work well as part of a team and a drive to self-develop are all highly desirable
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt with new technologies
- Extensive test functionality across a broad technology stack with the ability to troubleshoot
- Experience working on multiple/ simultaneous projects and feel confident working with developers
- Responsible for software deployment phase you should have experience working with stakeholders for project success
- Professional and multi-tasking abilities
What might you have?
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with Azure
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices (including CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps, JIRA (or similar Knowledge of documenting software defects)
- Agile Environment experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate
- Working knowledge of Selenium
Benefits of working @ Allsop
- Competitive Salary, with clear target-based progression plan
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Health Plans – including dental, optical and physio cover
- Pension Scheme
- Healthy breakfast options provided every day
- 'Not so healthy’ team breakfast once a month! ?
- Fresh fruit always available
- Fantastic team environment
- Perks Discounts Card
- Quarterly Team Building Events
- And many more!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent candidate, with a genuine interest in software, to help enhance and further develop our client solutions within a growing company. You will enjoy exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment whilst working with the most up-to-date technologies.
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV using the link.
Salary range: £25,000 - £35,000 pa (Dependant upon Experience)